That’s right. Do you have a bucket list? If not, ask yourself why? I have had a virtual bucket list for quite a while rolling around in my head. Meaning it’s always been there; I just haven’t had the chance to actually sit down and write what I want to do before I die. Maybe not die, more like before I get too old. I will be 39 this year, and while being a dad has been one of my biggest bucket list items I got to scratch off, there are a few I still would like to do. While most of us won’t be able to do everything on our list, especially those that may have 50, 75 even 100 things they want to do, we can always attempt to do as many as we can.
If you don’t have a list written down and like me, had it in your head. Do this, instead of putting on your next Netflix episode or scroll through another Tiktok. Take 10 mins and seriously sit down and write out what you want to do, even if it’s just 5 things. That’s 5 things you didn’t have 10 minutes ago.
We only live once and why not live it to our fullest. Most of you who come across this blog are most likely a dad or parent but just because we are those things, doesn’t mean that’s all we can be or do. We don’t stop living our lives because we have kids. Most of the time people do some of these things when their kids go to college. While yes that seems to be the luck of the draw, but I bet some of you are like me, have things you want to do as a family and that sometimes needs to take precedent before they get too old.
So again, I ask. Do you have a bucket list?
- Travel to St. Louis and watch a Cardinals game
- Visit Hawaii with my spouse
- Learn to play guitar
- Debt Free-no payments
- Tour Hoover Dam
- Visit the inside of the White House
- Write a Children’s book
- Swim with the dolphins
- Have a vintage arcade party for one of my milestone birthdays
- Own a Porsche
- Break stuff in a “Rage Room” (why not, who doesn’t love to break shit?)
- Visit Italy with my spouse
- Take my family back to Disney World
- Visit California again
- Go camping with the family
- Hit a homerun in adult softball
- Visit my grandparent’s gravesite
- Take a cruise
- Own a house
- See the Northern lights
- Become a grandpa
- Family trip to Virginia Beach
- Visit Nashville Tennessee
- Watch my kids get married
- Create a podcast
- Learn to live and manage bipolar disorder
- ….. and grow old with the love of my life